Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU BA&R Oddity

2006-10-18 13:23:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU BA&R Oddity
From: brooksje at longwood.edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:23:07 -0400
I just noticed something.  When recently preparing a restore, I made the
selections and then checked to see what media was required.  The dialog
box told me one piece that was in our tape library.  When the job was
submitted and started to run, the job was looking for an additional tape
which was out of the library.  Does the "Preview Media Required for
Restore" look at the catalog?  Why would it not report the additional
tape?  And this was on more than one restore recently.

Running NBU 6.0 MP3 + eng bin on master on Windows 2K3 SP1
One media server, Win 2K3SP1

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks