Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Networking / client issue?

2006-10-17 18:50:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Networking / client issue?
From: hkemp at lastminute.com (Henry Kemp)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 23:50:37 +0100
Hi Dan,

I've seen this a few times - I think its a name resolution issue on
the client.

Log onto the client and run the bpclntcmd command (/usr/openv/
netbackup/bin on Unix and something similar on Windows) with the
following flags:

bpclntcmd -pn
bpclntcmd -self
bpclntcmd -hn master_server
bpclntcmd -ip master_server_ip
bpclntcmd -server master_server

If you compare this output against a working backup client you should
be able to identify the issue.

Rgds,

Henry