Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] renaming a media server

2006-10-17 18:25:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] renaming a media server
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 17:25:21 -0500
On 10/17/2006 3:15 PM, Haskins, Steve wrote:
> My application support person, if all of their wisdom, wants to have
> their app server rebuilt but remove media server from it. Originally it
> was made a media server coexisting with the app because of the TBs of
> data it was to house. They want to keep the same host name for their app
> so I would have to change the host name for the ?new? media server. Is
> there any way of keeping all previous backups in renaming a media server
> WITHOUT importing the media afterward?

In theory, you can rename a media server.  However, when we tried it
last week, we went through several hours of pain and ended up renaming
it back to the original name.  This was attempted with a Veritas
engineer onsite along with a senior Veritas support rep.

I would recommend that you keep the old name and they change.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org