Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.0 MP4

2006-10-16 07:43:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.0 MP4
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 06:43:01 -0500
On 10/16/2006 5:36 AM, Ilya Voronin wrote:
> What about maintenance pack 4 for NetBackup 6.0?
> There were rumors earlier this month that MP4 will be released on October
> 15...

It has not yet been released.  We installed a pre-release of MP4 last
Thursday but I personally don't expect it to go GA until the end of the
month or thereabouts (depending on what is found between now and then
and I heard that there is at least one build more recent than what we
installed).  Don't forget that one significant bug can set them back a
week from the time a developer codes a fix to the build and internal
test processes and possible customer testing.

 From what I've seen so far, MP4 is a *lot* better than any other
combination of maintenance paks and patches we've applied to 6.0.  We'll
be going over our outstanding bug list in more detail today but I'm
confident that our most critical issues have all been resolved.  In our
environment (and we're all different), this release looks solid so far.
  Realize, however, that I've only run a few days and didn't pay really
close attention to it over the weekend - yes, I briefly looked at our
reports and it looks good, but that's different from an in-depth
analysis of our issues and status reports.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org