Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Testing NOM

2006-10-13 15:53:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Testing NOM
From: brooksje at longwood.edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:53:58 -0400
After the recent questions on sizing for NOM, we've thrown up a Win2K3
Virtual Server (using MS Virtual Server).  I installed NBU 6.0 client,
Veritas Authentication (root + broker) and then NOM.  Patched both the
client and NOM to MP3.  I launch NOM, log in and try to add my NBU
Master server.  Nada.  Both server are on the same subnet and from the
NOM virtual server, I can ping my NBU server as well as launch the java
GUI and manage NBU.  So, networking is out.  I've tried adding by name
(using the hosts file for resolution) and via IP.  It always returns
this:

Server "IP Address" could not be located. Make sure the server is
reachable on the network and NetBackup is running.

It's reachable and NBU is running.  Is there something I'm missing?
I've looked through the manual and don't see anything.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks
Computer Systems Engineer