Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Large Windows Clients

2006-10-11 15:57:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Large Windows Clients
From: Jerald.Iverson at aiminvestments.com (Iverson, Jerald)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:57:33 -0500
in our nb6mp3 linux master/media environment i have one win2k3 client
that has 6TB of data that i need to backup in a certain amount of time.
is there still a "SAN Media server" in netbackup 6.0?  i haven't found
too much information on the symantec/veritas web site for 6.0.

would i install the nt media server software on the client, or install
something under the advanced client software?  can we test this without
a temporary license to see if it would meet our needs?

as a test, we put this client on a 10GB network with the media servers
and may have gotten an acceptable speed, but want to compare it with
direct attached fibre drives.

some google links had information such as:

Symantec NetBackup SAN Media server is used to locally backup large
apps.
Symantec NetBackup SAN Media server may share a tape library with the

Read product details on Veritas NetBackup for Windows SAN Media Server
5.0 Full Version for PC, Unix, Sun.

A SAN media server is limited to only be able to backup itself up. It
cannot backup other NetBackup clients. If you want to backup additional
Netbackup...

thanks,
jerald

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message, and any
attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged material. It is intended
solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in reliance upon this
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the material from any computer.