Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DSSU's, 191's and Imports

2006-10-11 12:43:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DSSU's, 191's and Imports
From: Karl.Rossing at Federated.CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:43:49 -0500
I have a single master production  NB 6.0MP3 server. I also have a
separate DR NB master. The DR master is a clone of the Production NB
server using Solaris 10 flash archive.

I do daily backups of the Prod NB server using DSSU's. I get error 191's
from time to time because of lack of media in my autoloaders(2).

The 191's usually occur on 200+GB images.

I'm importing the Prod NB tapes into the DR NB server.  Now the incomplete
191 images get imported from tape Number 123 but tape number 124 actually
has the complete image. So i have to figure out which tape had the
191(tape 123), expire that image and then go and import tape 124. This is
a pain to figure out. Is there a way to avoid importing images that have
finished with 191's?

I suppose the best way might be with a hot catalog backup and thus
avoiding the scanning of each tape. Or i can add more tape to the rotation
and thus maybe avoid the 191's all together.