Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FW: Copying a tape

2006-10-10 14:29:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FW: Copying a tape
From: dbrown at worknetinc.com (Dave Brown)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:29:04 -0500
Noticed I did not send this to the list

Here is the command I use to copy from my VTL to Tape

D:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bpduplicate.exe"
-dstunit wnsnb02-hcart2-robot-tld-2 -dp NetBackup-A -id dx0005 -rl -1
-fail_on_error 0 -hoursago 144 -set_primary 1 -primary -priority 99999
-number_copies 1 -L "D:\Program
Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\Logs\Dailyduplicate\Dup_Daily_DX0005.log" -M
wnsnb01 -mpx

Here is a brief explanation

"D:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bpduplicate.exe"

            Execute Command

-dstunit wnsnb02-hcart2-robot-tld-0

            Destination Unit

-dp NetBackup-B

            Destination Pool

-id dx0005

            Media label of tape being copied

-rl -1

            Retention level - "-1" - retains original expiration date

-fail_on_error 0

            Do not stop on error

-set_primary 1

            Make it Primary

-primary

            Search or duplicate the primary copy

-number_copies 1

            Only 1 Copy

-L "D:\Program
Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\Logs\NBduplicate\Dup-20060410134451.log"

            Log File

-M wnsnb01

            Master Server

-mpx