Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Has anybody used Aptare?

2006-10-10 12:44:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Has anybody used Aptare?
From: mambrose at qualcomm.com (Ambrose, Monte)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:44:51 -0700
Jason

Aptare has an agent that sits on each NetBackup master server.  It receives
input whenever a job completes and immediately updates the Aptare database.
For running jobs it runs a bpdbjobs command on a regular basis (This is
tunable).  I believe we have ours set to every 5 minutes.  So although it is
not exactly real time, you can get it as close to real time as you want.  There
are several other tunable processes that pull other information such as
drive/disk STU stats, tape volume information and job image catalog information.

It's a great product and really easy to use out of the box.  If you want more
information email me direct.  I would be willing to talk or email about any
other questions you have. monte at qualcomm.com

Monte