Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup Schedules - 3 Schedules in 1 Policy advice

2006-10-06 01:35:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Schedules - 3 Schedules in 1 Policy advice
From: simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 06:35:13 +0100
All,

NBU 5.1 MP2 Win2k Master + 2 SAN MS
Morning! I am trying to work out a solution to trimming down all the
policies I have. Presently, I have the following:-

1 x Policy for Month backups, which contains 1 Schedule. Schedule starts 7pm
Fri and ends 7am Sat

1 x Policy for Weekly Backups, which contains 2 Schedules. 1 x Schedule is
the Full Backup, starting 7pm Fri and ends 7am Sat.
The next schedule is for Incr which take place 7pm - 10pm Mon, Tues, Wed and
Thursday only.

If I was to place the MONTHLY SCHEDULE (Copy / Paste) into the Weekly Backup
Policy, would I get the Monthly and Weekly full backups trying to run at the
same time?

I am trying to work out the best way (and effecient) to ensure monthly runs
on a set day only, but does not interfere with the regular weekly full
backup.

I may not be making much sense here :-(

any tips would be apprecaited

Thanks

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium Limited, B23AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

Email:  <mailto:Simon.Weaver at Astrium-eads.net> Simon.Weaver at
Astrium-eads.net

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate or
otherwise deal with it.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium
Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or obligation.