Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bad tapes how do you track?

2006-10-05 09:15:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bad tapes how do you track?
From: Greg.Hindle at constellation.com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:15:17 -0400
Nb 5.0 mp4 Solaris 9

Ok We from time to time get read / write errors on tapes. When this
happens we clean the drive and write protect the tape and put it on our
bad tape rack never to be used again except if a restore is needed (we
try to restore form it anyway). I want to somehow keep track of this
tape in netbackup and identify it as a bad tape. Does anyone have a way
of doing this? I though of editing the vault slot field and put like all
0000 or something like that but this only works till someone takes the
tape and puts it in our L700 and forgets to take it out. Enterprise
vault will re assign it a new slot and then we would loose track of the
tape. I just cannot think of a way to track these tapes better other
than a manual system. Any thoughts?

Greg

>>> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain legal,
professional or other privileged information, and are intended solely for the
addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not use the information
in this e-mail in any way, delete this e-mail and notify the sender. CEG-IP2