Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Calendar Scheduling - quick Q

2006-10-04 15:27:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Calendar Scheduling - quick Q
From: Richard.Mansell at ccc.govt.nz (Mansell, Richard)
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 08:27:27 +1300
Hi Simon

The answer is yes, well it works for us anyway. We have frequency based
daily inc's Mon - Fri with weekly full's over the weekend. We also have
a quarterly scheduled that is calendar based and the run day scheduled
is just the Friday. Any jobs that have not started by the next day still
start ok. I had the same thought as you when I set the schedule up so
set the Sat and Sun to be run days too but it then occurred to me that
the jobs would probably run three times instead so I changed it to just
be Fri.

I know Symantec say you shouldn't mix frequency and calendar based
schedules in a policy but it works fine for us. The quarterly run
instead of the weekly at the appropriate time. That may answer Martin's
question too.

Regards

Richard