Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Failover Storage Groups

2006-10-02 08:33:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Failover Storage Groups
From: brooksje at longwood.edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 08:33:15 -0400
NBU 6.0 MP3 with engineering binaries on Win2K3 SP1

I recently converted some policies from strictly DSSU to failover
storage groups.  Now that I'm writing this and thinking through, has
anyone else done this, where images go to tape when disk is full?  Image
management issues?

Anyway, this morning, I noticed several Status 129 on policies and
schedules that were utilizing a Failover Storage Group.  The group is
configured to use the DSSU first, and if it's full, go to tape.  Looking
at the Activity Monitor details for these jobs, it doesn't appear that
the jobs tried to shift to a different storage unit when they
encountered the disk full error.

Are there any caveats/tricks to making Failover Storage Units work
properly?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks