Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can someone help me find if there is a client for NBU 5.0 MP6 for windows!! Attack of systemstate failure again.

2006-10-01 11:34:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can someone help me find if there is a client for NBU 5.0 MP6 for windows!! Attack of systemstate failure again.
From: james.c.siano at lmco.com (Siano, James C)
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 11:34:13 -0400
Hello folks

I'm loosing my mind to see if there is a newer windows client
For 5.0.  I install 5.0GA right now and can't find anything newer for 5.
My master is running 5.0 MP6.  I can find security patches for mp6 but
It appears only to be for a master server.  My clients won't update it.

The thing I install now has to be several years old now.   I'm looking
for a simple *.exe that will do the trick

Ultimately why:
Many of my windows boxes with 5.0Ga client on them just hand on SYSTEM
STATE on tons of machines.  One system state job will tie up a physical
drive for hours and hour and hours with requeues.

I can't exclude System state from the class.  I have over a 100 windows
machines in a couple of classes and I have to do ALL-DRIVEs in policy.
Why: because many of my machines have all kinds of different drive
letters and they change from time to time.  Without ALL DRVIEs I have
chance of not capturing something in a backup.

I'm hoping a newer client will stop the failure of the SYSTEM_STATE.

IF I run SYSTEM_STATE only in a manual on demand backup -- it backs up
fine.
It's only when it in a class and trying to multistream with the other
drive letters.

Please help...at least find me the exact path (http or ftp) of a newer
5.0 MP6 client if one exists.