Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How do I erase the media when it gets ejected all the time?

2006-09-26 15:08:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How do I erase the media when it gets ejected all the time?
From: m5644 at abc.se (J K)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 21:08:34 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,
I'm using Backup Exec v 8.6 with a tape that's probably
been used previously  through some other software.
As soon as I insert the tape, Backup Exec says
"Media is unrecognized.
The media in drive 'SONY 1' is written in an unrecognized format. Erase the
media to make it usable.".

The tape is then ejected. OK, but to erase the media I need to have it
inserted into the tape drive, of course. How can I do this when the tape
gets ejected almost immediately ?

Best regards,
Johan Kullberg