Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How do we duplicate skipped images in vaulting

2006-09-24 17:21:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How do we duplicate skipped images in vaulting
From: Richard.Mansell at ccc.govt.nz (Mansell, Richard)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:21:35 +1200
We run with the Vault permanently set to level 5 logging. Info for
failed images is then captured in the sessions directory in the log for
that particular vault stream. You can tell from the activity monitor
which duplicating session failed as it will say something like 10 of 12
images duplicated. You then look in that session log for the specific
problem. e.g.

03:19:23 INF - Beginning duplicate on server ccobkp01 of client
ccovcs01.
03:19:25 INF - Beginning duplication on server ccobkp01 of client
ccovcs01, creating copy 2 on destination media id GC9012
03:38:14 INF - host ccobkp01 backupid ccovcs01_1157711364 write failed,
media write error (84).

or

05:27:39 INF - Duplicating policy SQLLog schedule SQLLog backup id
ccobwpci01_1157990414 copy 1 created on 09/12/2006 04:00:14 on source
path E:\
05:27:39 INF - Backupid ccobwpci01_1157990414 copy 2 already exists
05:27:39 INF - Duplicate of backup id ccobwpci01_1157990414 failed, the
entity already exists (226).

One of the reports generated during the eject phase also lists images
that have not been duplicated.

Regards

Richard