Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6

2006-09-21 23:21:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:21:26 -0500
On 9/21/2006 8:40 AM, Clem Kruger (C) wrote:
> Good day all,
>
> I would like to hear every ones thoughts on NetBackup 6?

Don't upgrade yet.  MP4 is rumored to be targeted for the middle of
October.  The beta for MP4 hasn't even started shipping yet.

For existing stable environments, a 6.0 MP3 upgrade is potential
suicide.   We have had about 2 dozen issues escalated to engineering,
many of them critical.  Several critical issues are not yet resolved -
Engineering has acknowledged the bugs but has not yet been able to fix
them and produce a build for us (they're trying hard though!).

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org