Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exclusion lists - How to list all on server

2006-09-20 16:45:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exclusion lists - How to list all on server
From: Richard.Mansell at ccc.govt.nz (Mansell, Richard)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:45:47 +1200
Phil

One thing we did that was quite useful was to dump information for all
clients to one file. It takes a little while to run as it has to connect
to each client but if you select all of the clients in the Activity
Monitor > NetBackup Management > Host Properties Clients then select
from the menu File > Export you will be prompted for the location of the
output file. This will then create a .txt file containing details for
all selected clients. You could then extract the exclusions from this
file if that is what you are specifically after. A small part of the
output is below.

Regards

Richard

e.g.
[...]
Windows Client Settings
     General BPCD logging level: 0
     TCP logging level: 0
     Wait time before clearing the archive bit (in seconds): 300
     Perform incrementals based on archive bit: YES
     Use Change Journal in incrementals: NO
     Time overlap (in minutes): 60
     Communications buffer (in KB): 128
     Maximum repetative error messages for server: 10
     Keep status of user-directed backups, archives and restores (in
days): 3
     Perform default search of  backup images for restore: YES
     User directed timeout (in seconds): 60

Exclude Lists
     Use case sensitive exclude list: NO
     Exclude list:
          C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\*.lock
          C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\bprd.d\*.lock
          C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\bpsched.d\*.lock
          C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Volmgr\misc\*
          C:\WINDOWS\system32\NtmsData

     Exceptions to the exclude list:

VERITAS Snapshot Provider
     Enable VSP during backups: YES
     Cache file volume list (Drive letters separated by commas):
     VSP volume exclude list (Drive letters separated by commas):
     Customize the cache file sizes.: YES
     Cache files size are specifed in % of disk space: YES
     Inital cache size (in MB or % disk space): 30
     Maximum cache size (in MB or % disk space): 30000
     Error control: 0
     Snapshot: YES
     Busy file wait (in seconds): 5
     Busy file timeout (in seconds): 300
     Synchronization timeout (in seconds): 60
     Logging level: 0
[...]