Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux Shared Memory Configuration

2006-09-19 14:55:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux Shared Memory Configuration
From: bob944 at attglobal.net (bob944)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:55:18 -0400
> This is a good technote and I'm going to try adjusting my values.
> Regarding bob944's comments, my Linux media servers ARE running
> with default kernel parameters and I'm seeing shared memory errors.
> The files in the /usr/openv/netbackup/db/config were recommended
> for both Solaris and Linux.  It is for these reasons that I posted
> my query.

You missed the point, or perhaps I didn't make it clearly.  You said you
copied the SIZE/NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS from the Sol9 system to the Linux
one.  These--the tuning parameters--are what is causing your status 89s.
Remove the BUFFER forcing, let NetBackup use its defaults, backups will
run.  Again, RTFM is suggested so you understand the consequences of
what you are changing.