Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO3 throughput on Vault/Duplication jobs

2006-09-19 14:19:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 throughput on Vault/Duplication jobs
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:19:12 -0400
Correct!! ......in theory.....not accounting for NBU reassembling the
"bits" into a continuous stream.....causing load on your media server,
and bottlenecking on your FC/SAN interfaces.

Basically, between system resources and IO, your system is capable of
140MB/s in this scenario....including processing power to rip apart and
reassemble the fragments.

You're able to read in 140MB/s, pull apart, reassemble and spit out
11MB/s

Going direct from VTL, single stream, all else being equal, depending on
how compressable your data is, you might get 50MB/s to a drive...maybe
30-40MB/s to each of 2 drives.

*shrug*

just a guess....I'd be very interested in knowing what your actual
performance ends up being.

Paul