Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO3 performance

2006-09-18 14:08:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 performance
From: vandevegt at yahoo.com (Jim VandeVegt)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:08:55 -0700 (PDT)
When you configure your drives in Solaris in NetBackup, are you choosing the
tape drive device with the 'c' in it?

"Evsyukov, Sergey" <Sergey.Evsyukov at sonicduo.com> wrote:     One day we have
 found the some kind of "Turbo button".
 We have 2 types of  media servers (HP & SUN) and IBM 3584 LTO-2 library.
 We are using native  ibm drivers (atdd) on HP and standart st driver on SUN.
 After cold reset of  library we have only 35MB/s per drive (i.e. backup
without compression) until we  use the HP backup.
 After first HP  using, performance of any (SUN or HP) SAN backup is up to 75
MB/s.
 Seems native  driver sends the SCSI command, that turn on compression on
library, but Solaris  st - driver can not do it.

 Sergey
Veritas-bu maillist  -  Veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu