Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO3 performance

2006-09-18 07:22:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 performance
From: Sergey.Evsyukov at sonicduo.com (Evsyukov, Sergey)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:22:07 +0400
One day we have found the some kind of "Turbo button".
We have 2 types of media servers (HP & SUN) and IBM 3584 LTO-2 library.
We are using native ibm drivers (atdd) on HP and standart st driver on
SUN.
After cold reset of library we have only 35MB/s per drive (i.e. backup
without compression) until we use the HP backup.
After first HP using, performance of any (SUN or HP) SAN backup is up to
75 MB/s.
Seems native driver sends the SCSI command, that turn on compression on
library, but Solaris st - driver can not do it.

Sergey