Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup through firewalls

2006-09-15 08:55:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup through firewalls
From: dave-bu at graniteweb.com (David Rock)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:55:55 -0500
* smpt <smpt at peppas.gr> [2006-09-15 07:05]:
> Hi,
> I've configured some firewaled NetBackup domains with vnetd and I never had
> any problem with streams.
>
> I have ages to hear from someone the port model. I had proposed this to some
> of my customers and when the firewall admin understood how many ports needed
> they refused it immediately.

Yep.  The only reason we had them at all was because of legacy firewall
configs for NBU 3.2 and 3.4.  We have been trying to get rid of all port
range stupidity for several years, but it's always the old "if it ain't
broke..."

Incidentally,  ACSLS 7 can be configured for single port communication
over TCP only, too.  That was another big pain.

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com