Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cleaning Quandary

2006-09-14 12:36:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cleaning Quandary
From: bobbyrjw at bellsouth.net (Bobby Williams)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:36:16 -0400
Your barcodes don't have to have CLN in them.

You do, however, have to have them defined as Cleaning tapes and of the correct
type as the drives.  But it looks like you have that (pending that your drives
are hcart3).

I would wonder why you would share the drives between a master and a media
server.  You probably are wasting money on either an SSO license or the media
server license.  With only 2 drives in an i2K, you are running on overkill
anyway.  But then I don't know anything about your environment.

SSO and cleaning tapes were an issue in the 4.5MP6 days, but when I upgraded to
5.1, I did away with SSO.

Bobby.