Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cleaning Quandary

2006-09-14 10:26:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cleaning Quandary
From: brooksje at longwood.edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:26:19 -0400
Setup:

        1 NBU 6.0MP3 + eng binaries master, 1 NBU 6.0MP3 media
        Scalar i2K with 2 LTO3s, both shared to both servers

I came in this morning and found that the cleaning flag was set by my
ADIC on one of the drives.  I have 5 cleaning tapes in the library, and
NBU knows them to live in the NONE pool with a media type of HC3_CLN.
When I tried to clean now, NBU responded with an error that "request
terminated, media not available (291)."  The Activity Monitor gave this:

9/14/2006 9:01:06 AM - requesting resource Tape1:__ANY__
9/14/2006 9:01:14 AM - Error nbjm(pid=800) NBU status: 96, EMM status:
No media is available
9/14/2006 9:01:14 AM - end operation
unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none
available(96)

I've opened a ticket with support, but nothing heard yet.  I'm 1.5 hours
from my scheduled disk staging relocation.  Anyone seen this one before?
Ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks