Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.0 Performance Very Slow

2006-09-13 01:54:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.0 Performance Very Slow
From: simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 06:54:57 +0100
Well depends on the client - what is the OS of the client with this Data?

How is the policy configured? Multiple streams? what sort of Data is on the
client?

If its windows, is there any AV or Disk Defragmenter running? Also if
TRACKER.exe is running, that will SLOW things down alot!

some ways to improve the performance is to STREAM the Data to maybe 1 or 2
tape drives. That may help

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium Limited, B23AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

Email:  <mailto:Simon.Weaver at Astrium-eads.net> Simon.Weaver at
Astrium-eads.net