Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scsi Issue or ?

2006-09-12 14:26:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scsi Issue or ?
From: keith at cydonia.net (Keith W)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:26:26 -0700 (PDT)
On one of our tape backup systems, we keep getting the following errors in
NBU 5.1. I am curious if this is caused by a bad termination on the tape device.
The first backup to tape goes perfectly, while seeking to the second
position on the tape it dies and ejects the tape. These tapes are brand new
out of the shrink wrap even so I know it's not the tapes. Does any of this
mean anything to anyone? The tape machine is old but was new out of the box
this morning. Sitting on a shelf for ages.

System:
------
NBU 5.1
Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-98 Media Server/Master
EXABYTE EXB-85058HE-0000  Rev: 0112
EXABYTE 160mXL tape

NBU Errors:
-----------
135 cannot  locate on drive index 0, locate scsi command failed (possibly a
command timeout), errno = 0, Success
Error      135     ioctl  (MTFSF) failed on media id ID0000, drive index 0,
Input/output error (bptm.c.6497)
Error      135     Backup   backup  of client mfg229 exited with status 86
(media position error)

Linux Errors:
Sep 12 11:08:28 mfg508 kernel: st0: Error 26030000 (sugg. bt 0x20, driver bt
0x6, host bt 0x3).

Thanks for any input

Keith

+       Keith           +