Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.0 Performance Very Slow

2006-09-11 19:10:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.0 Performance Very Slow
From: Richard.Mansell at ccc.govt.nz (Mansell, Richard)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:10:13 +1200
We saw a much bigger improvement than 10%. Out of the box we were only
achieving 18MB/s when backing up a test database. After playing with
buffers we were achieving between 75 and 80MB/s.

We increased:-

Client buffer to 128MB
NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS to 64
NET_BUFFER_SZ to 528384.

The biggest gain was with the NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS.