Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU vs Legato

2006-09-08 10:39:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU vs Legato
From: pmcdougal at calamos.com (Philip McDougal)
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 09:39:41 -0500
I too would like to see this and/or also a comparison to CommVault.

I am new to NBU after working with Legato for 6 years and at the moment,
I find Legato to be much easier to administrate with much less hardware
and it performed better.  However, the latest version of Legato (7.3) is
just as buggy as 6.0.  I think both companies pushed out the latest
release way too early but felt compelled to do so with the competitive
market pressures.

One thing I like with NBU is the out of the box reporting features.
Legato is getting better (and there are free utilities out there that
help) but they still have a way to go.

Thanks!
PM.