Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Policy Export / Import?

2006-09-08 09:23:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Policy Export / Import?
From: dave-bu at graniteweb.com (David Rock)
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 08:23:53 -0500
* WEAVER, Simon <simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net> [2006-09-08 06:42]:

> David
> That sound like A LOT of work for what seems to be a simple process??
> Does a copy and paste work Jonathan ?

I suggest it because it would probably be the only "supported" way of
doing it.  There are several things that _should_ work, _might_ work,
etc. that will definitely NOT be supported by Symantec.

It's not quite as bad as it sounds, but it does work and does involve
some time.  The only time it would really be worth it is in an
environment where you may need to do it more than once, or for the
altruistic sake of "because it's there".  If it will need to be
repeated, it should probably be scripted. :-)

To be fair, I _have_ done a lot of scripting work in the past for this
kind of stuff, so the perception of what constitutes a LOT may be
slightly different for me ;-)

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com