Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Policy Export / Import?

2006-09-07 16:28:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Policy Export / Import?
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 13:28:52 -0700 (PDT)
> > Jonathan
> > One would guess you can copy / paste the policies over yes. But cannot
> > comment 100% as I dont have 6.0, nor intend to at this stage.
> >
> > But in principle, you can copy the files over. I would make a backup of your
> > CLASS folder on your Server JUST in case :-)
>
> You could script something to parse the bppllist output to rebuild new
> policies using the CLI.  Unfortunately, I never got the opportunity to
> finalize this myself, but here are a few commands to look at.  It will
> depend on your willingness to spend the time doing it, and whether the
> work to write the script is more than the work to just create the new
> policies. :-(

Yeah, that's a bear due to all the different pieces that you have to
touch to gather and then create the info.

As an aside, I recently had the opportunity to copy some class folders
from 5.1 to a new 6.0 machine.  Appears to have worked just fine so far.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com