Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Fame at last.

2006-09-07 11:33:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Fame at last.
From: pkoster at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us ("Koster, Phil")
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 11:33:01 -0400
The art of snipping quotes to imply something that was not even mentioned is
what separates a "journalist" from a "writer" (in my opinion anyway).

I see Jeff's point all to clearly.  Once you know the media is watching a forum
it creates a PR problem.  The easiest way to suppress the information "leak" is
to shut down the forum.  The easiest way to do that is exactly as Jeff stated.
Cheaper then assassinated everyone individually too. ;-)

>From the corporate perspective, customer support is much cheaper than
>reputation/PR.  It is better to have a good reputation and crappy product than
>vice versa.

Phil Koster
Network Administrator
City of Grand Rapids