Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup VTL tuning

2006-09-07 01:40:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup VTL tuning
From: backupicici at gmail.com (Veritas Netbackup)
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 11:10:04 +0530
Some more snippets from the best practices guide...!

It works as follows

1. Initially a 5 GB area is allocated on LUN.
2. When the backup software fills the initial 5 GB, the disk library
allocates another 5 GB area. The new area might be on a different LUN.
3. The disk library software will continue allocating 5 GB pieces in this
way untill the total maximum capacity of the emulated tape is reached.

I hope this clarifies.

Regards,
PP BIJU KRISHNAN