Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Any Gotchas migrating from 5.1MP5 to 6.0

2006-09-06 23:28:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Any Gotchas migrating from 5.1MP5 to 6.0
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 22:28:50 -0500
On 9/6/2006 9:44 PM, Ray.Hill at ny.frb.org wrote:

> I'm about to migrate from VNB 5.1MP5 to VNB 6.0, I ran across the below
> article, has anyone ran across any of the issue represented in the
> article. Is 6.0 stable.

6.0 MP3 is not stable.  Wait until at least MP4.  We are up to about 20
cases that we've logged with Symantec - many of them were critical.
Many are closed but critical issues remain.  Symantec has confirmed the
bugs - it's a matter of them getting around to fixing them (they've been
working hard, but they're not done yet).

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org