Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] User Restores?

2006-09-06 17:20:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] User Restores?
From: dave-bu at graniteweb.com (David Rock)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:20:04 -0500
* Martin, Jonathan (Contractor) <JMARTI05 at intersil.com> [2006-09-06 16:35]:

> Is there any feature of NBU that would allow users to restore their own
> data?  I suppose we could give them access to the restore GUI, but they
> could then restore any file to any location, which is a major security
> issue.  (Whoops, did I just overwrite the kernel?)  Is there some sort
> of way we could give users the ability to restore their own data without
> the DLO option?

If you don't trust them to restore their own data, then don't let them
do it.  You can't really have it both ways.  I am assuming they are
admins of the boxes they are restoring files for.  Odds are much higher
that they will shoot themselves in the foot some other way than screwing
up a restore :-)

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com