Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migration from 4.5 FP3 to 6.0

2006-09-06 17:15:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migration from 4.5 FP3 to 6.0
From: dave-bu at graniteweb.com (David Rock)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:15:30 -0500
* Yang Xiao <yxiao2004 at gmail.com> [2006-09-06 14:02]:
> Hi all,
> After talking to Veritas support, I guess since we are running 4.5 on RH
> 7.3,
> and non of them is really supported, they suggested that we just build the
> new server with ES 4 and NB 6.0 MP3, and import all of the tapes to rebuild
> the catalog, since they said the 6.0 should read the tapes from 4.5.
> Any thoughts on this?

"ouch?"

How many tapes are you dealing with?  If it's a relatively small number,
you could get away with that.  Make sure you have a dump of your images
and their retentions to help with researching images to import in an
emergency and then work on a schedule to get as many as you deem
important imported as quickly as possible.  You may want to also try and
identify critical systems and import those tapes first.

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com