Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup VTL tuning

2006-09-06 15:08:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup VTL tuning
From: backupicici at gmail.com (Veritas Netbackup)
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 00:38:31 +0530
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your concern. Its a minimum of 5 GB that a tape can contain. The
tape grows tilll the max vol size.

Since the problem appears confusing, I'l narrate some details

1. We have say 10 TB of VTL, I use 3 TB a day, The VTL shd ideally last 3
days. But say if my vault does not complete on time, I have to free some
medias from the ones on VTL which have already been duplicated.

The more I free, the more the operator uses. He fires atleast 120 streams at
once on the system during peak.

What I have now concluded from the lists suggestion, is that increasing the
MPX value of the media will help in consuming less media ids & shd i set a
policy for limiting number of conseq streams,.

About the total number of media id {880} I'll check and let u know.

Regards,
PP BIJU KRISHNAN