Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migration from 4.5 FP3 to 6.0 (in our case 5.1 MP 4 to 6.0 MP 3)

2006-09-05 09:47:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migration from 4.5 FP3 to 6.0 (in our case 5.1 MP 4 to 6.0 MP 3)
From: Colette.Obyrne at wto.org (O'Byrne, Colette)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:47:33 +0200
Hi all,

We took the plunge last week ourselves - besides an initial problem
resulting in hanging processes which was immediately addressed by the
following:

Exact Error Message
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK
to terminate the application.

Details:

Overview:
On a NetBackup 6.0 Server, errors occur in the application event log
stating "Application Error : The application failed to initialize
properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application."  This
may occur for several different NetBackup processes.

Troubleshooting:
These symptoms may appear if the NetBackup server has run out of
non-interactive desktop heap space.  Adjusting the size of the
non-interactive desktop heap has been known to resolve this error.

Once we addressed this problem - we seem to be in the clear - and have
run successful scheduled weekly fulls, monthly fulls, restore and
duplicate jobs.  Good luck