Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Several seperated backup networks..

2006-09-04 09:16:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Several seperated backup networks..
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 08:16:10 -0500
Hampus Lind wrote:
> Hi all,

> We have one separated backup net at our site which is starting to run
> out on IP addresses. Our communication folks what to create another new
> backup network, which means we would have two separated backup networks.
>
> I am not sure how this will work with our master and media servers.
> Anyone running several backup networks who can explain how this works on
> the server side?

So long as all of your routes are working properly and your DNS is
working properly, this won't cause you any grief.  We've got multiple
networks in place here and it's working fine.

If you're using BMR, then you have to be a bit more concerned but that's
the only part of NetBackup that I'm aware that cares about what subnet
you're on.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA