Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migration from 4.5 FP3 to 6.0

2006-09-04 08:58:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migration from 4.5 FP3 to 6.0
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 07:58:07 -0500
WEAVER, Simon wrote:
> I thought MP3 fixed A LOT of issues for 6.0
>
> Guys, can anyone clarify this? Also, when is MP5 coming out?? Did not know
> there was a MP4 available!

Simon,

Please follow the discussions on the list before asking again.  MP3 is
*NOT* stable out of the box.  There are post-MP3 engineering patches
available that fix many problems, but many critical issues remain.
Engineering is working hard on the issues and we're hoping that MP4 is
production-ready.

I've heard that MP4 is targetted for October 15.  I have no idea about
MP5 nor if it will be mandatory for a production environment or just
contain minor patch fixes.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA