Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 and best VMWare Host backup practices

2006-08-31 11:18:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 and best VMWare Host backup practices
From: SJACOBSO at novell.com (Scott Jacobson)
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:18:18 -0600
VMWare guru's

For now we are going with direct Native or Standard Client
based backups of a Hosts "Guests" (working just fine actually) rather
that snapshots.
After scouring both WEB sites, I can only find information about
"snapshot" based backups for "Guests".
What I'm looking for are references to the "Hosts" backup,
specifically, what files need to be backed
up and used for a restore if I needed to lay down a new OS and then
restore the files
necessary that would allow me to then restore those Guests previously
defined on that Host.

Any URL's, white paper or current practices in use would be helpful to
know about.

Thanks,
Scott