Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Last Backup Date not in 'bpdbjobs -all_columns'

2006-08-30 10:37:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Last Backup Date not in 'bpdbjobs -all_columns'
From: belac.bi at gmail.com (Yarldi Belac)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:37:39 -0400
The date of last good backup does not appear to be in the output of
'bpdbjobs -all_columns', yet if I do a plain 'bpdbjobs', I have the option
of using 'BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = LastBackup' in bp.conf.

This gets me the last good backup date, but in my script I really want to
use 'bpdbjobs -most_columns' (or all_columns if I must).  I don't want to
have to rely on the formatted output defined in bp.conf, nor do I want to
change my existing BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS entries in bp.conf.

So, how does plain old 'bpdbjobs' get last backup date, when 'bpdbjobs
-all_columns' does not have it?

In my script, in order to get last backup date, I'm running this for each
client/policy displayed by bpdbjobs:

  bpimagelist -U -client ${myClient} -hoursago -policy ${myPolicy} -st
$(schedType}

This really slows down my script.  Anyone know  another way of getting the
last backup date from 'bpdbjobs -all_columns'?