Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Giant log files

2006-08-29 04:26:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Giant log files
From: marcel.drunenvan at nl.unisys.com (Drunen van, Marcel)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:26:57 +0200
Simon,

I tried to go ahead and delete the files. One could not be deleted, the
other was rebuild by NetBackup to the same size. Conclusion: these are
not regular logfiles in the sense of a bpbkar log or something like
that, but the Sybase log files associated with the NetBackup databases.

Thanks for sending me the link, I already had it on my system but
apparently browsed through it a bit too quickly. From the page that you
pointed to it is very easy to derive that these files cannot be deleted.
Fortunately I didn't do any damage, at least as far as I can see now.

CU,

Marcel