Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Monitoring Tape drives

2006-08-25 12:22:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Monitoring Tape drives
From: ssesar at mitre.org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:22:00 -0400
The master server doesn't need to see the drives. Just create a host
file containing the hostnames of your media servers - no need to run it
on each media server, Windows or otherwise. Then take David Clooney's
advice and use vmoprcmd -h.

Matthew Johnson wrote:

> Thanks for the response; however my master server only controls the
> library. Is there an equivalent command for a windows media server?
> This will however work on my Linux systems.
>

> **Matthew Johnson**
>
> Entertainment Partners
>
> Backup Administrator
>
> Work - 818-955-6357
>
> Cell - 805-469-8867

===================================

   Steven L. Sesar
   Lead Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
   UNIX Application Services R101
   The MITRE Corporation
   202 Burlington Road - MS K101
   Bedford, MA 01730