Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Permanently removing a tape from netbackup

2006-08-24 13:35:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Permanently removing a tape from netbackup
From: wts at maine.edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:35:08 -0400
bpexpdate deletes the copy of the images that are on the specified tape
(among other things) from the catalog.  There is no need to perform
other steps if you are merely discarding the image copies from a tape.
As others have written, the expired tape becomes "available" or "expired
and frozen".  If you no longer want NetBackup to "see" the tape, you
delete it (vmdelete or the Admin Console), probably after ejecting it
from your robot.

"I then do into the GUI and delete the images" is only necessary when
you wish to discard other copies of the images that are/were on the tape.

In case it's not clear, none of the operations were discussing cause a
tape to be mounted.

Hope this helps, wayne