Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Command to get tape barcode while it's in a drive.

2006-08-24 11:25:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Command to get tape barcode while it's in a drive.
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:25:33 -0700 (PDT)
> Our environment is HP-UX 11.11, Netbackup 5.1 MP3 backing up mostly HP
> unix with some Sun and Windows backups. I know this has come up before
> but couldn't find anything in the archives.  I'm looking for a command
> line way to determine the bar code of a tape when it's in a drive.  I'm
> trying to gather info to determine if certain tapes are causing
> problems.
> Thanks in advance.

Depends on what level you want.

If Netbackup sees and mounts the tape, then 'vmoprcmd' output will show
the barcode and the media name together.

If you want to leave most of netbackup out of it, you can use robtest
(or the sub tests like tldtest) to query the library directly.  's d'
will ask for a scan of the drives.  On most libraries that will include
any associated barcodes for tapes in the drives.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com