Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup DB inconsistency ?

2006-08-23 11:06:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup DB inconsistency ?
From: ssesar at mitre.org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:06:26 -0400
Unfortunately, Symantec/Veritas doesn't share the tool itself. What you
need to do is open a ticket with them and they will ask you to do the
following:

Run these three commands when there is no other backup activity on your
system:

1. mkdir /tmp/nbcc

2. /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -a > /tmp/nbcc/vmquery.txt

3. /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpmedialist -ls >
/tmp/nbcc/bpmedialist.txt

4. /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimmedia > /tmp/nbcc/bpimmedia.txt

5. tar up the /tmp/nbcc directory and FTP the tar file to Symantec

6. rm -r /tmp/nbcc

Or, you could conceivably reverse engineer the tool to do all of the
correlations yourself.

--Steve

Hindle, Greg wrote:
> Can you share that? I would like to see it if you can share it.
>

> Greg

===================================

   Steven L. Sesar
   Lead Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
   UNIX Application Services R101
   The MITRE Corporation
   202 Burlington Road - MS K101
   Bedford, MA 01730