Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] waiting....

2006-08-23 07:48:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] waiting....
From: stumpb at michigan.gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:48:48 -0400
The question is when I attempt to shutdown NetBackup I get 57 lines of:
Waiting for active bpsched/bptm processes to terminate

How can I tell which bpsched/bptm process that it is waiting on.
How can I tell if the bpched/bptm process it is waiting on will
eventually terminate via the shutdown.

It's kind of like the question "How many licks does it take to get to
the center of a Tootsie Roll pop"? no one knows.
No one knows the answer to this question because we all get impatient
and just start doing a mass kill -9 on any bpsched/bptm we see.

I am asking this to see if there may be a better way than
# kill -9 `bpps | awk '{print $2}'`

The cleanup after the kill gets annoying and also is very time
consuming.
logging onto the ACSLS server and doing dismounts of the tapedrives.
yuk...

>>> "WEAVER, Simon" <simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net> 8/23/2006 1:36 AM

Bob
not sure what you are after, but what about stopping all services /
processes or rebooting perhaps??
Was there any more info to add to the message? Or am I missing
something?

RegardsSimon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator
EADS Astrium Limited, B23AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU
What is actually happening and how can you tell if it is actually
waiting or forever hung?Waiting for active bpsched/bptm processes to
terminate
Waiting for active bpsched/bptm processes to terminate
Waiting for active bpsched/bptm processes to terminate
Waiting for active bpsched/bptm processes to terminate
Waiting for active bpsched/bptm processes to terminate
Waiting for active bpsched/bptm processes to terminate
Waiting for active bpsched/bptm processes to terminate
Waiting for active bpsched/bptm processes to terminate

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain,
disseminate or otherwise deal with it.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of
Astrium Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or
obligation.

Registered Office: Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1
2AS, England