Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help, media issues

2006-08-22 10:24:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help, media issues
From: jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:24:53 -0400 (EDT)
Also, separate question, why would you ever put 30 drives on a server?  I
guess if a lot of them are slow that might work, but most servers cannot
handle more than 2-4 LTO2 drives and definitely not more than 4 LTO3
drives unless you have at least a DL585 + 10GBIT, even then with 4 drives
you'll nearly max out the 10GBps card if you could push that much.