Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Win2k3 SP1 Removable Storage Manager

2006-08-21 07:27:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Win2k3 SP1 Removable Storage Manager
From: ida3248b at post.cybercity.dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:27:25 +0200
Hello Simon

In our case all the positon and write errors disappeared after we disabled
the Removable Storage Service on our windows media server.

Regards
Michael

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:55:32 +0100, WEAVER, Simon wrote
> Guys
> Clarification please. Setup is:
> ?
> Win2k3 SP1 NBU 5.1 MP2 Master
> 2 x SAN Media Servers Win2k3 SP1 fibre connected using SSO
> ?
> I have a question regarding the Removable Storage Service. This may be a
question aimed at Windows NBU admins, but all responses are very much welcome.
> ?
> A while back, I found a Technote about RSM and NBU and the implications!
Now, searching for it, I cannot find anything!! I seem to recall that
from "Computer Management" under Services, Removable Storage was to be
DISABLED.
> ?
> Can anyone clarify this?
> ?
> Thanks
> Regards
> Simon

> If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate
or otherwise deal with it.
> Please notify the sender by return email.
> The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium
Limited.
> Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or
obligation.

> Astrium Limited, Registered in England and Wales No. 2449259
> Registered Office: Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 2AS,
England

--
Cybercity Webhosting (http://www.cybercity.dk)